SPECIAL VESTRY MEETING
The Vestry met in a special session on Wednesday, January 5, at 7 pm via zoom. The question had been raised within the Vestry as to how we should proceed with our worship practices given rising infection rates and hospitalizations. The Vestry had a candid and forthright discussion.
At the conclusion of that discussion Vestry made the following decisions:
1) We will continue, when a Priest is present and available, to provide Communion in both kinds. With the established protocols for
b) communion from the common cup.
2) We will continue to serve Communion at the Altar rail.
3) The Usher on Sundays mornings will direct groups of five or six to come to the rail for Communion. This will hopefully reduce congestion in the aisle and at the rail.
4) We will continue to recommend masks for all those attending worship. We will provide paper masks, these will be offered to anyone who arrives at church without one.
5) Coffee Hour has been suspended. The gathering in a confined space without masks was a concern to the Vestry.
6) Vestry will actively seek communication from the Parish on how they feel as we move forward. Particularly during Fr. Mike's absence on Sabbatical.
Grace and peace to all who worship with us and seek to be in relationship with Christ Church
~Fr. Mike and The Christ Church Vestry
bISHOPs & fATHER MIKE