In-Person Gathering Guidelines for the Episcopal Diocese of Ohio
Effective Sunday, May 23, 2021
These guidelines apply beginning the Day of Pentecost, 2021, to all church activities including worship, pastoral services, governance, formation, mission, outreach, and use of church buildings by outside organizations. Clergy and lay leaders are encouraged to work together using relevant science, appropriate caution, and their best judgment to implement these guidelines as best serves their congregation. Updates to guidelines will likely be issued as the pandemic situation changes.
• All participants (including choir members and musicians) should remain socially distanced.
• Wind and brass musicians are permitted, with the expectation that ample distance will be maintained from communicants, appropriate to the specific instrument.
• The maximum number of people at any event is the number that can comfortably fit in the space while remaining socially distanced.
• Prayer books, hymnals, and bulletins may be used.
• Communion will be received in one kind only, save for the celebrant.
• Appropriate distance should be maintained during the passing of the Peace, which will preclude physical contact other than with household members.
• Pastoral services may resume without previous liturgical restrictions, while observing responsible caution appropriate to the setting.
• Masks are not required to be worn, though are encouraged for non-vaccinated teens and adults, per CDC guidelines.
• Singing by the congregation is allowed. Please continue to sing in quiet voices. Refreshments may be served in individual portions. Participants may also bring their own food for picnics or other meals and events.
• Masks are required of all participants, except while preaching, reading lessons or intercessions, officiating, or otherwise leading an event, as long as such persons are fully-vaccinated. Note: Fully-vaccinated means two (2) weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks after receiving a single dose vaccine.
• Singing by the congregation is allowed. All must wear masks. Please continue to sing in quiet voices.
• Refreshments may be served in individual portions by a person wearing a mask.
Cleaning and Sanitizing:
• Higher traffic areas and frequently touched surfaces should be thoroughly cleaned weekly.
• Bathrooms should be cleaned and sanitized weekly, as well as following any event of significant size.
Comments are closed.